CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF BARTENDING AND MIXOLOGY
ANNOUNCEMENT: ALL NEW STUDENTS RECEIVE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP
Welcome to the most high-tech, cutting-edge bartending training program in existence.
We're brand new, and we have an awesome introductory price. Read on to learn more about our exciting program.
WHAT IS YOUR GOAL?
TOP 5 POPULAR GOALS ∨ ∧
- I want to break into bartending (part/full time)
- I'm currently working, but I'm interested to learn more
- I'm opening a bar
- I bartend as a hobby
- I want to have fun and meet interesting people
INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $399 ∨ ∧
- For our grand opening special, the full course is discounted to just $399.00
- Payment Plans are available with no credit check (credit card required)
- Graduate with just $99.00 down.
- Enroll Now!
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS ∨ ∧
- CABAM is the most technologically advanced and cutting-edge bar training facility in the United States.
- Our program is over 30 hours of thorough instruction. Our intensive course contains drills and demos on topics including customer service, cash procedures, recipes, sensory experience, and more.
- De-mystify bartending through careful examination
- Understand different styles of service (club, dive, restaurant, etc.)
- Learn the basics of mixology, including universal rules of recipe construction, how to garnish, and more.
- Practice behind a real retail bar at one of our many partners bars around the Bay Area.
- Learn multiple tiers of quality for the most popular drinks.
- Understand the essentials of beer and wine service.
- Get support and assistance for creating your resume, networking in the industry, and searching for jobs.
- Attend weekly workshops with outside experts.
- Learn from staff who are trend-setters in the field.
- Take one of SF Mixology's pioneering classes, at over 50% discount, for students and friends.
for The TRUTH about CERTIFICATES*
SEE CLASS SCHEDULE ∨ ∧
Custom schedules available
EMAIL OR CALL FOR MORE INFO
We have put years of research and experience into building the school and its programs. We're aiming to help you reach your goal, whether that’s landing your first job in the industry or impressing your friends at home. CABAM was built with flexibility in mind. Our curriculum and content spans all bar and drink genres - after CABAM, you'll be prepared to work in any environment and every situation.
READ ABOUT OUR APPROACH
SCOPE OF CURRICULUM ∨ ∧
In some ways, CABAM is like any other school. Once you graduate, it doesn't mean you know everything about bartending and perform at the highest level in your field. Your education here is a foundation, and having a good foundation should be your number one priority when starting out bartending. Our goal is to give you a foundation with longevity, one which will not be subject to great change. Changing your mechanics once they're automated can be challenging down the road.
Our curriculum is not a product of one person's bartending beliefs. At CABAM, we use data and research to build out our lesson plans. We've collected reams of data, cross-referenced years of styles, and involved dozens of bartenders in how we've developed. The result of all this work is a curriculum that covers 3 main bartending styles, each with its own set of priorities and service differences.
- Entertainment Venues: Nightclubs, Concerts, etc.
- Restaurants: Focus on food and/or Wine
- The Bar: Focus on and around the Bar - Dives, Cocktails, etc.
THE RIGHT TIME
TIMING IS EVERYTHING ∨ ∧
After Prohibition, classic bartending styles were largely forgotten, and Americans got used to drinking sub-par cocktails. Until recently, bartending was pretty unstructured, and standards were nowhere to be seen. Bartending schools followed suite, and were unimpressive, to say the least.
In recent years, standards have increased, with beautiful cocktails everywhere you look. The time is right to put academic standards in place to ensure excellence in the bartending world.
In Europe, bar schools are respected institutions, but we have some catching up to do here. That's why we're here, because it doesn't get more bona-fide than CABAM. It's the right time and the perfect place to bring America up to speed - starting with CABAM's very first location - right on Market Street in San Francisco.
HOW CLASSES WORK
HOW WE PULL IT OFF ∨ ∧
Our Monday-thru-Friday classes teach identical content, regardless of timeslot. Students who can't make a Monday morning class can come in that evening and experience the same content with a different instructor and classmates.
Each student receives an iPad at the beginning of class that day. This is how students interact with CABAM, and how CABAM keeps tabs on student progress. Our systems let students construct their own lesson plans. If one student is already familar with formal wine service, he can skip that lesson and instead do more practice drills.
There are 5 types of lessons at CABAM:
- Lecture Material and Demos
- Drills using iPads
- Drink Presentations on Flat Screens
- Workshops (i.e SmartTabs POS training)
AVAILABLE RESOURCES ∨ ∧
CABAM has a diverse pool of instructors who have worked locally for many years. In fact, the parners at C.A.B.A.M. are bartenders who saved up enough to open this school. Check out who we are here.
What else do we have?
An open door policy - come as you are! We welcome everyone.
A convenient location, making return visits easy and welcoming.
Computers and printers to work on.
Individual profiles where your performance and progress is stored so that it's there when you need it.
We also partner with SF Mixology. This partnership gives our students:
- Bartending Opportunities
- Steep discounts on spirits and mixology classes
- A large network of bars providing opportunities to practice 'in the real world'